Make a donation to help me on my way.

Total so far: £615.00

All donations will go toward the cost of excess baggage, teaching materials for the kids at Himanchal school and IT equipment for the village network. Even a few quid will go a long way. And I'll make sure your name is up in lights on my page!

How your donations are spent will be publicly available on this website.

Friday 27 March 2009

Clifford Chance's Lenovo supplier approached

Hi Rachel,
In July I am travelling to Nepal to do voluntary work in the village of Nangi for 5 months. Nangi is a remote mountain village situated in west Nepal, it's a 10 hour walk from the nearest road! Amazingly the village has a basic computer network with a shared Internet connection - this helps farmers trade livestock, families keep in touch with relatives and provides invaluable teaching resources for the local school. My time in Nangi will be spent expanding the network and teaching the villagers how to get the most out of their IT resources. As the village has limited resources I intend to bring donated computer equipment with me, is there any way Lenovo would like to get involved with this project?

It would be fantastic if Lenovo could donate some laptops, even older, end of line machines would be a great help. I will of course mention Lenovo if any media interest arises and will happily keep you updated on my progress while out in Nepal. For more information please vist my blog at http://charlieinnangi.blogspot.com/ and the charity's website at http://www.himanchal.org/.

Many thanks

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment